Your brain on weed. It ain’t just the THC, there is an “entourage” effect with all its ingredients.
When Mechoulam’s team identified the first known endogenous cannabinoid, a chemical actually made by the brain itself, he named it “anandamide.” In the Sanskrit language, ananda means “supreme bliss,” which gives us some insight into what Mechoulam thinks of cannabinoids overall.
Plenty of buzz out there about marijuana. We’re still far from it being “conformed” into legitimate commerce but we’re on our way. The ugly truth is some are going to misuse it, like all the fun stuff, and that isn’t reason enough to deny the majority of regular users a substance equivalent to alcohol in terms of being an intoxicant with measurable impact on the body. The medical argument is persuasive but that’s not what we’re aiming for… not in Colorado. Not in Washington State. Let the true value of the plant establish itself in our free society.
The medical facts are astounding, it’s an important reason to create distribution channels, but there remains the “blissful feeling” of getting high.
Marijuana can be a natural remedy for anxiety and sadness for some people which is no more sinister than diabetics needing insulin, a bit of a biochemical boost on the order of a supplement. The test is the rest of your time. If things are going to hell in a hand basket then maybe pot is clouding your vision. If the job is OK and the housing is pleasing and amenities are available then hitting the bong before bed can be clarifying. Like a glass of fine wine. Grapes v. Leaves.
Bewitched, bothered and bewildered. [Extra points if you can identify the reference.] Pot is supposed to unsettle you, why else bother? A shot and a beer back is a known mood-changer. Same so the allure of any intoxicant: remove the safety.
A few rules: Don’t operate complex equipment. Keep away from children. Don’t prove yourself unworthy.
Excerpt from Stoner’s Bone of Contention available in print and Kindle formats.
I don’t need a lot of laws to control my behavior: don’t drive stupid, don’t act stupid, and don’t perpetuate stupid. I don’t need laws against variations of drunk driving, distracted driving, reckless driving… it’s all stupid driving. The stupider the infraction, the more distressing the payback assigned. Drug laws are no different, too much detail in the no-no-no. If we apply the Stupid Standard, then the drug isn’t illegal, the Stupid is.
“You gotta change the bong water, man.”
“It’s not just the water, the whole pipe’s gunked up.”
“You got any others?”
“… I actually do.”
“So, … are you going to go get one?”
“I’ll have to put water in it first.”
“No, first you have to go get the pipe.”
“Then I put the water in.”
“That’s right. Then give it to me because I don’t think you need any more smoke.”
#legalizeweed #stonerliteracy #KathleenK
- Tattoo. Taboo? Art… Life
- Read what readers said about “Provocative, orgiastic snippets from a sexual voyeur’s social life”
- “You’re smarter than you look.”
- Bad dog. No biscuit.
- Rowdier Readers Seek Sexotica – Read and Release
- En garde! Gender wars waste time and talent. Battle together.
- To Thy Known Self Be True
- Hoping for fireworks? Check combustibles – Verify ignition source – Concede chance of disaster
- Spot the Cock? Porn as Celebration of Male Drive to Survive
- Do what you do now, and do it again later; “you” are never done.
- RowdierReaders.com – Be the Transceiver – For collectors of Curiosa – KathleenKBooks.com
- Human Being vs. Human Doing – Authenticate Yourself
- Apostrophe’s Problems. Problems with Apostrophes. And homonyms two.
- The penis can be a prism breaking out the constituent elements of sex, desire, force and finesse.
- Sex = Risk. Risk = Cost of Chance. Chance = Spice of Life.
- StonerwithaBoner.com = world wide weed – HEMPFEST
- A Musing: Setting Free the Kites – Alex George ***** Word on Belva Plain – Daniel Lowe – Sascha Arango
- 420 = Decriminalize Pot or Recriminalize Alcohol
- AG Jeff Sessions is a bad nanny. No pot? Then no alcohol or tobacco!
- When we let the ugly win, it weakens us all.
- The Joy of Roy: The abiding talent to dance
- State Regulated Weed = follow the money
- States’ Rights are not a la carte: Of Pot and Potties
- A cauldron of fire holds the disembodied yowl of my sex…
- To quiet the murmur, you must stop the heart. Then start anew (again).
- HempFest – 25th Anniversary of a Protestival in Seattle – Welcome, weedies.
- This mother says if you want a good love life, masturbate better [and together]
- I built a book machine and I’m about to crank it up.
- What Nature Intends – What Nature Allows
- Sexotic – Erotic Kathleen K. Books – The First Five Years
- Book Lovers’ Book: Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore – Robin Sloan
- Interview with the Voice of Sexotica for the Rowdier Reader
- Let’s discuss sex∞love and the infinity between
- The Hunt Continues for Rowdier Readers: Sexotica!
- Free Copy – FAMILY: Love v. Money (Long story. Short story.)
- The moment before I open a professional review
- This mother says if you want a good love life, masturbate better
- FREE Stoner Matchbook – $1 or $2.50 for two
- Human Penis Info: Putting it in… perspective
- Giving Away Sexotica: Dark Prince, Heed Thy Queen
- Too much porn, not enough sex – Learn to ride the tide
- Most likely the average penis will fit the ordinary vagina
- Sexotica is the rundown and roundup of options in the carnal markets
- Gazin’ through the haze: Legal weed
- A Musing: Colleen McCullough – Australian Storyteller
- Rowdier readers with regular lives and outré-inklings
- Books deliver ideas to moving targets
- I fabricate books.
- Tweets… for rowdier readers
- A Musing: Fannie Flagg – American Storyteller
- Erotic-Sexotic Poetry Giveaway: ARCHING OVER
- Grace Hopper Taught Computers to Talk and I Listened
- Rising Above Porn Scum: Lôôk at “The Lunarium”
- The Butts of Two-Dimensional Creatures
- Giving Away Erotica – The Lunarium
- A Musing: Nipples as Emblems of Breasticular Freedom
- The Art of Choosing a Book Cover – Dark Prince art by Brian Quinn
- Erotic Book GiveAway – Random with good odds
- I draw a cat; Mandot draws a bird and a… human
- TORRENT: Beyond the Studio plus a digression on reading
- Erotic-sexotic author seeks book bloggers seeking content
- Women are not single fuse firecrackers content with the same old bang
- Summon the thunder of ideas
- Hempfest 2014. We’d win the weed war.
- Putting The Dark Prince to Bed…
- A Musing on the Emotional Commotion of Sex
- Stoner Thanks WA State Voters for Giving Peace a Chance
- Running a Phone Sex Business Gave Me the “Credentials” to Write Erotica
- What do you think of reading?
- The Novelist’s Handbook: Not just for writers
- Stoner’s Bones – my masculine inverse with a twist
- Branded! Logo Logic
- Welcome to the .World .Wide .Wonderful — KathleenKBooks.com gets a makeover
- Mother’s Day 2014 – “You gotta love your mother.” — Jeromeo Clover
- A Musing: Maeve Binchy – Irish Storyteller
- National Poetry Month – Don’t deny yourself the clarity of poetry
- I don’t have fancy websites. I have functioning websites.
- In Praise of High Spirits. 420 2014
- Adulterated Love. Sex + Drugs. Prepare for 420 2014
- eFingered and Eyed by Devotees: Erotic writer’s fantasy
- Your brain on weed… Kathleen K. invites you to read (Index of Posts)
- Erotic Science: the receptor-rich region between lady legs
- Putting Honey B., Sexual Consultant to bed
- Sweet Talkers: the seminal voice of indie-author Kathleen K.
- We come like a heartbeat, a rolling pulse, emptying one chamber to fill another.
- You have to tell the truth about booze to face the facts about pot.
- A Musing on BJ’s and Big Betties — Reading Erotica — Vintage Boomer Porn
- Calling Covert Cupids – Erotica – Valentine’s Day Gift Idea
- Bong Bowl 2014 – The energy of marijuana in a changing culture
- Calling all rowdier readers: Inventive, intelligent erotica for mature audience only
- Smoke Signals – A Social History of Marijuana for those who want to KNOW
- Kathleen K. answers five more questions about writing for rowdier readers
- I give Frank advice about Dick. — Kathleen K.
- Northwest author Kathleen K. named to Kirkus Reviews’ Best of 2013
- Studying what we already know: men and women are different.
- Penis size is a fact, what matters is a judgment.
- The Art of Tweet-sized Poetry: Few Words, Much Feeling
- Bras in Space – Boobs in Government – Presumptions and Surprises
- A Musing on Sexy High Heels and Female Strategy: It’s not the shoe, it’s the choice of shoe.
- Foggy Friday Night – Potcentric Sexotic Bedtime Reading
- Illusions – Stupid Ass Selfies – Spanky Talk – Literate Erotica
- The Erotic Engine – What Drove Me Today
- Ten Books Published in Thirty Months: Erotica after Fifty [Years of Age and Shades of Grey]
- Time Travel with Bobby Goren: The capture of character
- Why Did Almost All Societies Believe that Women Were Inferior to Men?
- HONEY B., SEXUAL CONSULTANT — BOOK II by indie author-publisher Kathleen K.
- Erotic Sexotic Romantic Poetry by Kathleen K.
- Movie and a Doobie Afternoon + Hempfest Aug 16-18 Seattle
- Hempfest – Seattle — Aug. 16-18: Can’t get to the fest? Fire up a doob, read this potcentric sexotic fictional memoir.
- In Honor of a Life Lived Literately — Jane Lotter
- Ding Dong! Fun with Phalluses.
- Sex Science Enriches Vintage Boomer Porn by Kathleen K.
- “Legalize pot” is wrong slogan; it should be “Regulate pot”
- Ineffable Elements and Potentiators – words arranged by Kathleen K.
- Forcing down your pants. Because I could. Because you’d let me.
- Libertine Literature – the call of the wild to the rowdy
- It turns out pot is not the gateway to hell.
- Honey B. — A musing on celibate vs. dormant
- Stoner is the guy you want to show up at your party.
- Narrators with something to say (echo back)
- Sweet Talkers: how phone sex changed my writing
- Digital porn vs. Analog erotica
- Stoner with a boner (It’s a Long Story) – potcentric sexotic fictional memoir
- Joody – family fiction told in four stories
- The Lunarium – revisited
- The Lunarium – an orgiastic peek at a voyeur’s secret social life.
- Kathleen K. Books – Business Plan for independent purveyor of erotica + sexotica + curiosa
- The Lent Hand – Adventures in Beach Town Towing
- 21 Questions for Indie Publisher Kathleen K.
- KathleenKBooks.com invites you to read